Hearing and Speech Center is searching for an Audiologist in a private practice located in Marshall, Minnesota. This is a full-time opportunity that offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and the possibility of a flexible schedule.
The successful candidate will be a friendly, enthusiastic and compassionate individual eager to join our patient-centered and community-oriented practice. Our services have been a staple in the community for over 30 years and we are very proud to call our patients our friends and neighbors. We are looking for someone who is motivated to become part of our community to create relationships with our patients, aged 1 to 102, helping them to hear better and lead more vibrant lives.
Why Marshall? Serving as the county seat for Lyon County, Marshall is the regional center of Southwest Minnesota. With a population of about 13,000, Marshall is well known for being the headquarters of the Schwan Food Company. Also home to Southwest Minnesota State University, Marshall has several times been selected as one of “The Best Small Towns in America,” because it stands out as a vibrant leader in education, industry, technology and quality of life. In other words, there is something for everyone from bike trails to music and theater.
Administers Diagnostic Tests
- Administers diagnostic tests and amplification services for various hearing disorders.
- Coordinates and interprets test results, making recommendations to physicians and other providers.
Manages Hearing Rehabilitation
- Counsels patients in a caring and respectful manner regarding test results, making recommendations on hearing care options. Reviews products available to improve hearing impairment and achieve goals.
- Fits appropriate hearing care products as deemed necessary to meet the needs of the patient. Selects and fits hearing technology, takes ear-mold impressions, and provides ongoing management with follow-up and education.
- Recommends and demonstrates Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs), batteries, and other special products.
- Performs hearing aid checks, repairs, and cleanings.
In addition to professional responsibilities, the Audiologist will be part of a team engaging in marketing outreach and growing positive relationships with colleagues, vendors, fellow healthcare practitioners, and community organizations.
- AuD degree from an accredited school and a current Audiologist License in good standing (or the ability to obtain by time of hire).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse patient, colleague, and vendor population so that goals are achieved.
- Strong keyboard/computer/Audiology diagnostic and hearing aid software and equipment experience.
- Organized, able to multi-task, detail oriented, goal driven. Track record of success.
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!